Alexander Schaeffer Farm 2
The Alexander Schaeffer farm was the home of Alexander Schaeffer at the time of the founding of Schaefferstown in 1758, and remained in the family until 1840. The farm is now part of Historic Schaefferstown, Inc.
Shaefferstown was part of the German and Swiss cultures that thrived in 19th century Pennsylvania. It is one of the only surviving Baroque-planned Germanic towns in the United States, and the house itself can be classified as a bank house. Other sites in historic Schaefferstown include the Gemberling-Rex House, the Brendle Museum, and Fountain Park.
Panorama by Alan Chaffee Photography